HOME STAGING ASSISTANT/ Hourly Full Time – Monday to Friday – 9am to 5:30pm
Start Date June 1, 2017
Synergy Staging is an award winning, boutique home staging company serving Portland, Oregon. We are seeking a Full Time Assistant who is a reliable, dedicated, positive, multi-tasking self-starter able to take initiative. Assisting with all staging jobs, social media, warehouse duties, as well as communication with clients are all part of the every day areas of responsibility. You will assist and work very closely with the two owners and be intensely involved in all aspects of our business. Moving, loading, and packing furnishings and décor is an essential part of this position. The Assistant will have the opportunity to learn all aspects of the home staging business on the job with one of the leading companies in the industry with the highest standards.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist on all staging jobs (prep, installation, inventory, and removal). This includes packing décor, moving all furnishings, making beds, hanging art, and all other duties required to stage a house to the standards of Synergy Staging.
- Social Media management on all platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Houzz, and our website.
- Tour properties, meet with real estate agents and homeowners. Be able to explain our staging process from property preview, to scheduling, to installation.
- Assist with office tasks such as project tracking, client follow-up, office documents, calendaring, presentation preparation, and other tasks as assigned.
- Ability to work on your own as well as in a team environment.
- Make sure all staging supplies and items needed for stagings are available and prepped.
Candidates must have the ability to work with our head designer/owner on all staging projects. We take pride in our work and have high expectations for our candidate to be on time with clients and represent our company in the most professional manner possible. Friendly communication with homeowners, real estate agents and all clients is a must, as well as appropriate attire.
Experience in design and/or home staging is an advantage but not essential to a successful job application.
Physical Demands – The assistant helps with the moving of all staging furnishings and loading into our truck. You must be able to regularly lift and move up to 50 pounds and occasionally more than that amount.
Driving Requirements – Must have reliable transportation and a valid drivers license. Must have a clean driving record and have the ability to drive our 16-foot box truck from time to time.
Computer Skills – Must be familiar with Mac computers and adept at using various applications such as MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, presentation creation/editing, social media, and efficient email communication.
Personal Traits –
A passion for design and beautiful spaces
An energetic team player with a drive for success
Attention to detail in all aspects of staging, social media, and communication
Proactive and able to remember tasks and follow directions
Creative (both with design and problem solving)
Trustworthy, punctual and dependable
Shows respect and professionalism, upholding the company image
Excellent communication skills
Must be able to focus on the job and not be distracted by your cell phone
Clackamas, Oregon (near I-205 and OR-212) / Projects throughout the Portland Metro Area
A full time hourly position with paid holidays and accrued vacation, mileage and cell phone expense. A casual and fun yet serious work environment with lunch often provided. There is room for personal and professional growth.
To apply please submit cover letter and resume to [email protected]